Prior to having our little one, my husband and I would literally pack for our travels the night before. Once Victor was born we made a promise to ourselves that we would continue to travel and we have definitely held up to that. The one main (& BIG) difference is packing can be extremely stressful now. I’ve always been one to make lists before heading out of town but it’s on another level now because you really don’t want to forget his key items.
One of the things that I was stressed about traveling with is a stroller. They usually are so bulky and heavy and honestly they just take up too much space. Discovering UPPAbaby‘s G-LUXE stroller was heaven sent. First of all it’s aesthetically pleasing which to a Fashion momma like me was a plus. It comes in a variety of bold colors but I had to go with the classic Black. My favorite part of this umbrella stroller has to be how lightweight it is – under 15lbs! I was sold on that alone to be honest because who wants to get stuck traveling with a bulky and heavy stroller?! The G-LUXE also stands when folded, has a large and easy accessible under basket (every parent’s dream) and reclines fully so Victor can nap comfortably when on the go. We have used the UPPAbaby G-LUXE for all of our vacations and city strolling this past Summer and into the Fall and since it can hold a child safely up to 50lbs, we will be getting a lot more use out of it on some of our upcoming trips.
Here’s a look at how we travel with our UPPAbaby G-LUXE.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of UPPAbaby. The opinions and text are all mine.
While this is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Tropicana and Megan Media, all opinions expressed are my own.
I absolutely love entertaining in my home. You have complete freedom over all the courses served including my favorite part of every get together – the cocktails! I have come up with an incredible drink that is sure to be a hit with all of your guests and that will give your next party an extra KICK of flavor.
-Watermelon Jalapeño Cocktail-
What you need:
-Low Ball glasses
-Shot Glass to measure spirit
-Vodka of choice
-& last but not least… good company 🙂
1. Start off by slicing the jalapeño and watermelon.
2. Take your shaker, fill with ice and pour in 3 oz of vodka (1 shot = 1.5 oz) + 6 oz of Tropicana Watermelon and add 2 jalapeño slices. If you want it EXTRA spicy, toss in another slice for good measure.
3. Shake, Shake, Shake!
4. Open shaker and pour contents into cocktail glass of your choice.
5. Finish by adding a watermelon wedge as a garnish.
This is one of my favorite drinks to make for a Girls Night IN! It almost makes you feel like you are out at a fancy lounge since it’s definitely not your typical basic drink you would serve at home. Not only is it super simple to make but it isn’t overly sweet and the jalapeño gives it the perfect spicy kick. I love that the Tropicana Watermelon doesn’t contain artificial sweeteners or flavors and it’s actually super delicious by itself but using it as a cocktail mixer turns it up a notch.
Do you enjoy at-home mixology? If so – this is the perfect cocktail for your next get together!
While this was a compensated campaign in collaboration with Tropicana and Megan Media, all opinions expressed were my own.
This post is sponsored by Pottery Barn. All opinions expressed are my own.
Once Halloween is over it seems as if the holidays fly by us. In just a few weeks we have Thanksgiving, then the first day of Winter followed by Christmas and New Years Eve. Where does the time go? Last holiday season my son was only a few months old so this will be the first time he really gets to enjoy all of the craziness as well as traditions held by our family. In between all the get togethers and parties, I really enjoy just relaxing at home with the little one and my husband. The work week is hectic as is – throw in all the extra holiday stress of meal planning and present purchasing and I’m all for a quiet and cozy evening on the couch.
Thanks to Pottery Barn I now am ready for those chilly nights at home. This Ruched Faux Fur Throw is amazing! It’s super plush and soft and perfect for cuddling up with my loved ones while catching a movie on TV or just relaxing on the couch with a warm lemon tea and a book. It’s also really chic and luxe so just tossing it over the couch gives it a little extra flair. And I can’t forget about these Faux Fur Booties! Not only are they super cute but they are extremely soft and comfortable.
My son at the tender age of 14 months also seems to be a big fan of relaxing during the beginning of this hectic holiday season and absolutely loves wrapping himself up in our faux fur throw. I’m taking it all in too because I know how busy the work load will get soon during this time of the year. I think it’s super important to make sure you leave time for yourself during the week and just appreciate quiet time.
How do you relax during the holidays?
This post is sponsored by Carter’s; however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
‘Tis the season!
Once November 1st rolls around everything becomes all about the upcoming holidays. I’m ok with that because I truly love this time of the year. Between Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve – we end up spending a lot of time with family and nothing is better than good company and even better food. I remember when I was little, besides the obvious -Santa!, I was always excited to dress up for the holidays. Now that I’m a mom I really look forward to buying my son comfy holiday themed pjs as well as cute and fashionable outfits for our family photo ops and parties.
Carter’s is truly a one-stop-shop for all of you holiday needs this season for your little ones. Their clothes are always on trend without breaking your pockets and are great quality. They have everything from baby holiday clothes to cozy girl and boy pajamas to trendy everyday neutrals.
This year, Carter’s will not only have amazing Black Friday deals but they are also offering a “Dash In to Win” sweepstakes that day that will award promo cards to the first 100 people to arrive at their local Carter’s or OshKosh store. Make sure to check www.carters.com/store to confirm what date the sweepstakes will be held at your local store.
Head over to your local Carters or Caters.com to check out their amazing holiday selection and don’t forget to print out this coupon for 20% off your purchase!
I have been compensated by Sundown Naturals® and Pollinate Media Group for this post as part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Sundown Naturals® but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #GoodnessGiveaway #sharethegoodness http://my-disclosur.es/OBstV
After you become a mom you tend to put yourself on the backburner. You are constantly worrying about taking care of the baby or your home but what about taking care of yourself? We often forgot how important it is to be mentally and physically in shape for ourselves. When you feel good it makes taking care of everything and everyone else that much easier. Here are 5 tip for maintaining a healthier you:
- ME time! – Sounds simply enough right?? Wrong. Most of us, especially parents, don’t take enough time out during the week to do something for ourselves. The daily grind can really wear us down so make sure to schedule that massage, head to Starbucks to have a coffee and read your favorite book or hire a sitter for a fun date night.
- Stay hydrated with water – Staying hydrated with water is key to maintaining good health. Being dehydrated affects your skin, your kidneys and causes you to feel down and tired. Drinking water safety detoxes your body and gives you natural energy which is so important when constantly on the go.
- Taking vitamins daily – When I stopped breastfeeding I also stopped taking my prenatal vitamins and I instantly noticed a change. I knew I had to incorporate a multivitamin back into my daily routine. While picking up a few things at Walmart, I ended up discovering Sundown Naturals® Adult Gummies Vitamins. Sundown Naturals® are free of gluten, dairy and artificial flavors◊. I started taking the Women’s Multivitamin with Biotin. These gummies are filled with essential vitamins and minerals and support healthy hair, skin and nails. I also purchased the Melatonin Gummies which help support sound and quality sleep. Sundown Naturals® Adult Gummies have a really good taste to them and don’t have that weird aftertaste, after having these I can never go back to the traditional type of vitamins. If you’re interested in trying these gummies for yourself then enter the Goodness Giveaway Sweepstakes today! Head into Walmart and purchase at least 1 Sundown Naturals® vitamin product for a chance to win weekly prize packages and a grand prize! Every week, one winner will be selected to choose from 1 of 4 prize packs – Yogi Pack, Fitness Pack, Foodie Pack, or a $100 Walmart Gift Card. Simply upload a picture of your receipt here and you are entered for a chance to win some incredible prizes now through 11/1!
- Relaxation & Rest – Stress can literally wreak havoc on your life! Remember to breathe and step outside for 5 minutes if you need to. Also try to maximize your sleep every night. The better nights rest you get the more refreshed and productive you will be the next day.
- Exercise – If you’re anything like me, the thought of working out makes you a little sad on the inside. It’s so hard for me to really get into a good routine BUT once I do (and once you start to) you feel so good about yourself. Exercise controls your weight, improves your mood, boosts energy and all around keeps your mind and body healthier. Remember that you don’t need to spend hours upon hours at the gym to achieve this. If all you have is 15 minutes, head outside and take a brisk stroll around your neighborhood. Something as simple and easy as that promotes better health.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. ◊Applies to all products manufactured after 5/1/15. Please check back of label as manufacture dates may vary.