If you love a good Beauty DIY then raise your hand…
OK. Well now that most of us have our hands waving in the air, let’s chat about SheaMoisture’s new Beauty Hack collection. Beauty Hack is a three-step at-home system that allows consumers to customize their own beauty blends for the face, body and hair. What I really love is that these products are made with natural, certified organic and fair trade ingredients so you know exactly what you are putting on your body. They are also cruelty, sulfate and paraben free. Beauty Hack allows you to get creative and experiment with different blends which is always fun too. It is recommended that you blend as you go and use immediately to guarantee freshness and reduce waste.
STEP 1: Bases
- Aztec Bentonite Clay ($12.99)
- Body & Hair Cleanser ($8.99)
- Body Moisturizer ($8.99)
- Body Oil ($8.99)
- Moroccan Rhassoul Clay ($12.99)
- Sugar Scrub ($8.99)
STEP 2: Oils
- 100% Coconut Oil ($3.99)
- 100% Pure Avocado Oil ($9.99)
- 100% Pure Grapeseed Oil ($5.99)
- 100% Pure Macadamia Oil ($9.99)
- 100% Sunflower Oil ($9.99)
- 100% Raw Shea Butter ($3.99)
STEP 3: Aroma Fragrance Oils
- Frankincense & Myrrh ($3.99)
- Lavender & Wild Orchid ($3.99)
- Lemongrass ($3.99)
- Olive & Green Tea ($3.99)
- Rose ($3.99)
While the possibilities are endless with Beauty Hack, I wanted to share with you my favorite DIY.
Rose Body Moisturizer
I made this by mixing 3 tablespoons of the Beauty Hack body moisturizer base, 1 teaspoon of the Beauty Hack pure coconut oil and 2 drops of the Beauty Hack Rose oil. This moisturizer left my skin SO soft and the rose scent was nice and subtle.
Have you tried SheaMoisture’s Beauty Hack collection? If so – what is your favorite product? I’m looking forward to creating some more great products for my skin and including fresh ingredients from my kitchen.
Beauty Hack is available at ULTA , ULTA.com and SheaMoisture.com
I spent a majority of my Honeymoon in Santorini eating fresh seafood, drinking A LOT of Ouzo and catching the most spectacular sunset you will ever see. In between all of that though, we actually got to experience some really great activities. Here is a look at some of my favorite things to do while visiting Santorini PLUS one popular tourist activity that you should cross off your list.
- Book a sailing cruise with Sunset Oia – You can’t come to Santorini and not take a sailing cruise! We chose to book the premium semi private Lagoon 500 day cruise which held a max of 16 people but they also had some itineraries that held up to 55 people and started at 95E. On the Lagoon 500 we made stops at the hot springs, white beach and red beach. What I loved most is that you don’t actually go to the beach… they were at a far distance and you basically just jump in and swim and snorkel in the middle of the Aegean Sea. Included in the price is unlimited beverages and a delicious fresh lunch. At the end of the sail a bus can bring you back to your hotel or you can decide to stay and head to Perissa Black Sand Beach like we did.
- Watch the sunset from Oia – Santorini has hands down the most amazing sunset I have ever seen. If you are not staying in Oia, I highly recommend heading there to catch it at least one of the nights you are in town. You will get a full view of the caldera with the whitewashed homes with a rosey pink sky that changes hues until it is completely set. Just be warned… you and what seems like 91736847465984 people will have the same idea so find a spot early. We stood in Oia and lucked out because our cave had a private terrace and a clear view of the sunset – with no tourist lingering in our eyes view.
- Wine Tasting at Santo Winery – There are numerous wineries on the island but one of the most popular has to be Santo Winery. A place that you can literally visit for the view alone. Take a tour, order the 18 wine flight and enjoy the company of whoever you are visiting with. The sunset is amazing from here too so order another glass and enjoy the scenery.
- Have dinner in Amoudi Bay – Amoudi Bay is a tiny port located at the bottom of those 300 steps below Oia. The walk down, besides dodging donkey poo, is actually not that bad – the walk up…. yikes lol but totally worth it. There are a handful of restaurants and cafes that you can visit for lunch or an early dinner and just enjoy the gorgeous view and serene atmosphere. I had this incredible squid ink lobster pasta at one of the restaurants that I haven’t been able to get out of my mind since.
- Rent a quad and go on your own to explore – A lot of people tend to only visit Oia + Fira when in Santorini but their are so many charming villages all over the island. Rent a quad, I believe they go for about 45E per day, and venture out. This allows you to visit beaches and other spots you otherwise would have missed out on.
- Have dinner in Fira overlooking the caldera – We only ventured into Fira once and ended up dancing late into the night there but the highlight for me would have to be dinner at Volcano Blue. Seeing the sunset over the caldera was beautiful, the wait staff was so friendly and the food was DELICIOUS!
- Visit the Santorini Brewing Company – My husband loves trying out the local beer whenever we are away and Yellow Donkey happens to be one of his favorites. This brewery is small but it’s definitely worth a visit if you are a beer lover. You will get a tour, a tasting of all the beers available and then can purchase some to go if you’d like.
The ONE activity that I think everyone visiting Santorini should avoid is riding the donkeys. I’m in no way an animal activist but these animals spend day in and out with tourist on their back because “it looks fun.” If you participate in this you are contributing to the abuse they are receiving on a daily basis. They are typically overworked, mistreated by handlers, are often not given enough water & food per day and are forced to work in grueling heat by carrying people who often weigh more than they do.
There’s something super charming about renting an apartment when visiting Europe. To live like a local for a few days or even a few weeks really helps you indulge in the culture and lets you see the city in a different light. Paris is MY city… I mean, it’s not literally mine but I just have this connection with it. The city, the people, the food…. the buildings! The buildings and architectures are this perfect blend of Gothic style and elegance. I have been to Paris twice now and both times have stayed at a rental property. Each so different yet both exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend renting a place in one of these beautiful buildings when visiting. These are a few of my favorite apartments that can be found through Cobblestone Paris Rentals.
- Balcon Notre Dame – This is the apartment I rented on my last visit to Paris just a few weeks ago. First of all, it’s located in the Latin Quarter (5th & 6th arrondissements) which happens to be my favorite part of Paris to stay in. It literally is located in the middle of everything and the ideal location for walking to many of the landmarks. The apartment itself fits 4 guest very comfortably between its 2 bedrooms and has a modern kitchen with a spacious livingroom area. My favorite part of the apartment is the walk out balcony that overlooks the Seine River and Notre Dame Cathedral.
- La Charme Du Marais – This rental is super dreamy and where I want to stay for my next visit to Paris. It is an elegantly furnished 1 bedroom apartment that can accommodate 4 guests with a large open-style living/dining space with a full kitchen. It’s located on the border of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Arrondissements so you will have the pleasure of enjoying 3 wonderful neighborhoods of Paris. The small walk out balcony with chairs is a charming addition.
- Le Triomphe Elysees – This apartment is on the border of the 8th & 17th arrondissement where some of the most famous shops, five-star hotels and Michelin gourmet restaurants are located. You are steps from the famous Arc de Triomphe and from the “Place De L’Etoile” where you can check out views of Champs Elysees Boulevard and the Eiffel Tower. This one bedroom apartment is filled with historic Parisian charm.
- Terrasse Du Sorbonne – This 2 bedroom apartment is located in one of the most desirable neighborhoods, the Latin Quarter, right beside the Sorbonne University. It is a large, 2 bedroom apartment that fits up to 5 guests. From this apartment you will have an easy walk to many central sights such as Saint Germain Des Pres, The River Seine, Notre-Dame Cathedral, Musee D’Orsay, Musee Du Louvre and the Jardin Luxembourg. It’s truly in the true center of it all and best of all – has a private terrace!
- Le Grand En Isle – This one bedroom apartment can accommodate up to 4 Guests. It’s located on exclusive Ile Saint Louis which is steps from Notre-Dame Cathedral. it is renovated with high-end fittings and furnishings and is stylishly decorated in a historic style to accentuate the original 17th century architectural.
Don’t these rentals make you just want to hop on the next flight to Paris?! Make sure to check out Cobblestone Paris as they have many more rentals all over the city.
If you guys have any more questions on where to stay when visiting – feel free to shoot me over an email.
1. Sky Organics || Organic Bath Bombs Gift Set $40 (on sale now for $26) – This gift box contains 6 super-sized bath bombs which were handcrafted in the USA. They contain organic essential oils and organic coconut oil. And guys… they smell AMAZING!! These bath bombs will leave your skin hydrated and moisturized as well as leave you feeling super relaxed.
2. Essie Polish || Bikini So Teeny $9 – My love for Essie polishes is never ending. This color right here though… it has become my all time favorite. It’s a beautiful shade of blue with a hint of shimmer and while it’s perfect for Spring + Summer… I plan to use it year round.
3. Soap & Glory || Heel Genius $10 – I think I have been living under a rock because can you believe this is the first Soap & glory product I purchased? A fellow beauty lover recommended it to me and I ran out to get it. You basically slather it on at night, put some socks on and when you wake up – your feet are transformed. This is a total game changer for me. Since having my son, my skin – especially my feet, have been super dry. I thought their was no hope for the dry skin on them except pedis on pedis but thanks to this product my feet are sandal ready!
4. Fresh || Sugar Lip Treatment Perfecting Wand $24 – If you have been following me for some time now then my love for Fresh beauty products is clear but this wand has become my new favorite! It gently buffs and nourishes the lips to smooth, soften, and bring out their natural color for an instant baby-soft glow. I love that I don’t have to wipe it off after buffing my lips and it keeps them soft with a hint of gloss.
5. Dermalogica || Hydrablur Primer $47 – OK. This primer has become my go to. It’s super light weight and goes on very silky. It also mattifies to keep you shine free and minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. My absolute favorite part of this primer is that is blurs my pores unlike any other primer I have tried and this alone has left me obsessed. If you have enlarged pores – pick this up! You will not be disappointed.
This post is sponsored by Maybelline. All opinions expressed are my own.
Maybelline is one of the drug store brands that packs a big punch with the items they release. They provide genuinely good quality makeup products but at a much more affordable price point.
My current Maybelline obsession is with their new Color Sensational Shaping Lip Liners.
They come in 14 incredible shades. What I love most is that you can actually coordinate your lip look with the matching Color Sensational lipsticks or you can go bold and create definition by lining your lips in a darker shade.
The formula is excellent and not only is pigmented but goes on super creamy and is long lasting. They are perfect to use to prevent feathering and bleeding so that your lipstick stays in place. The tip of the liner is very thin, which I love, and it includes a built in sharpener on the bottom of the liner that is perfect for when you need to freshen up the tip.
Here is a look at a few of my favorite nude shades:
1. Magnetic Mauve, 2. Nude Whisper, 3. Purely Nude, 4. Dusty Rose & 5. Totally Toffee
These will go perfectly with any of the nude lippies you already have at home or you can pair them perfectly with a matching Color Sensational Lipstick. While I love all of the shades, this is my favorite lip liner/lipstick combo.
This is by far the BEST red combo I have own. Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Liner in Brick Red and Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lip Color in Rich Ruby.
At only $7.99 a piece, the Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Liners are a must for any beauty lover. They are at least half the price of more expensive brands but to me, the quality is far superior.